- Commitment to becoming a teacher with priority given to math or science majors
- Entering the first or second year of college
- A good academic record
- Financially needs based
- Must be a resident of New York State
|Criteria for Winners:
- Attributes that demonstrate a well rounded individual
- Recommendations from teachers
- Involvement in extracurricular school activities such as sports, clubs, and the performing arts
- volunteer service in the community
- Work experience
|Amount of Award:
||To be determined based on student needs for the academic year and consideration for future funding if student sustains an academic record in good standing and is committed to becoming a teacher.
To apply for a scholarship, download and print the
Scholarship Application Form.
Fill out the form and mail it to the address provided, along with all
required documentation by May 1, 2012.
Note that in addition to the application form, you
must also provide:
- A copy of your college acceptance letter
- A copy of the prior year's federal tax return
- A 250 word essay titled: "Why I Want to Become a Math or Science Teacher"
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers (mailed separately by them)
To view and print the application, you need to have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
Click the image below if you need to download this software.